quinta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2015

Will You Have Some Poetry?

Why is poetry
so important?
It's not
that one dies of it's shortage

it's just that
one
will die sooner

Poetry books, school, mom and dad
should make this clear

Poets, know that all the time;
that's why they
drink
smoke
take dope
among other private techniques

because, originality has a short
life span
and these guys
they need it so bad
they even call it
a muse

In my case, I bravely
keep the addiction up to a minimum:
avoiding poetic moments
reading technical books
or comics – but that's not poetry -
and most coercive
watching TV

What about you?


© José Coelho, 2015


2 comentários:

  1. The meaning/purpose of my life seems to have become racing against time with words for wheels, even though I know time will inevitably destroy me, my words, and every word ever known, it seems to be enough at the moment.
    This poem speaks to me because of that.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I know what you mean, S.L. "...to be enough at the moment", and the illusion is created.
    Thanks much for reading and leaving your comment!

    ResponderEliminar