quarta-feira, 12 de agosto de 2015

Unlikely Rendezvous

Unlikely Rendezvous
(or True Love Story – Part II)

Two minutes before time I had emptied my cup of coffee and sipped every drop of morning illusions charged with night's beast-like energy - Imagine how she would look like, now, 25 years after our last rendezvous?!
The idea of meeting her again, had been whirling down my spine since last Sunday – no reason why - and though it was absolutely nuts to think of she, actually making it, there was no way to avoid this crazy chance. So I called my friend Carlos, told him I would be moving - Beginning of next week, just for a few days or who knows maybe I'll be back after a few beers and chatter.

There's no reason to be downbeat!
So there I was, in the agreed spot – a small coffee shop with a couple of tables on the pathway – right across the house and square where love and fights happened, flesh and soul craving for mirthfulness. Holding a book in one hand and scanning the sky for a little dragon or something alike, I was doing my best to ignore the background freaking sensation, ruminating with each beat of the clock – what the fuck am I doing here!?

And now the time had come: it was 8 am – no kidding she had always been thrilled by the morning light; – people rushed in and out of buses. Some walked straight to the inside for a quick breakfast or just passed by. At the table next to mine, a man looking like a pimp savored his morning liquor while two ladies slurped more essential drinks. All looked well! And for a moment I even forgot the reason I Was there. The city was beautiful. Worth the journey!

Ten minutes later, she was not coming, I just knew. So I stood up and headed inside to pay at the counter. I walked through the 'pimp', had a glimpse at the ladies. They were dressed to kill - not my style! At the counter, while waiting for the change, loose words reach to me: “fuck it Silvia! You can sleep at my place if you want to...anytime”. These stirred me up! Wicked coincidence... That's her name!! I move out taking another look at the girl with her name – the hair matches hers', the face... too much makeup and I'm already walking down the street, loose thoughts boiling in my mind.

We didn't plan further meetings.


© José Coelho, 2015

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário