sexta-feira, 31 de outubro de 2014

Diego

I
Around now
and here there's no princess
Micomicona, no Sancho
either just me and his name's
stuffing

{the humid tedious of modern life, so daunting into a tilt of nothings worthwhile bothering when not flushing it}

How come I
knew Diego's
- news?
was that his real name, his
real postulate of life's conjectures
skipping through unknown
fingers, female
at home
- absent
the scent of
practicing the read
the fingers' read
verbalizing the
frustration
of pages
turning into
scars, yellow
somehow

pee, people, portable
nightmares
brushing the inside
of any
similarities
between him and the personage of Cervantes;
were there?

{yes, both spoke Castilian and drunk stories and surely wine}

II
There was no princess Micomicona alluring his steep nights, no Sancho with two bicycles waiting downstairs, while leaning against the warmth breath of an hot Adis-Abeba junction, falling like a monument to blandness;

there was a woman, though {no cooking}

my friend drunk
all the time even when
busy with his private
Spanish gatherings
indifferent to appearances
moved by one
or more enigmatic causes, passionate with life, at times eccentric, always wearing
a beard and glasses

ready to clash with

would I recognize him in his underwear hanging from his 2nd floor neighbor's balcony, ready for dispatch or rescue in-between a Mondays to Wednesdays Pandora's box love and a rest-of-the-week Amstel integration tour?

I met him through his woman, so he became my friend.

Last time I saw her, Oporto airport, she was walking another guy, kinda of a weird situation, you know. She told me Diego was dead.

{I could hear the uplands blood circulating in the background of his veins coding the years and distance gone by into minutes of tempered silence,
never said}

Expressed sympathy
for Diego, the one, temporary
as sadness and
memory and
love.

© 2014, José Eduardo Coelho





Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário