terça-feira, 23 de agosto de 2016

The Birth

The Birth

It all started long ago -
I can recall the exact
place and light
The room had wide
windows and that particular
day, we sat around
the center
in a slightly oval form
So long I forgot
the face of others
their names, their basic
behaviors
when approaching
me, just sitting and
waiting upon light
or shadow
to erase my name as well as
the present

It all started when I
least expected – landscapes
imploding inside a
growing city, a reduction of
scales
leaving it all fuzzy
unfixed, damn centered
though
negligible
It all started there – the birth of
aesthetic awareness – as a bullet
plugging to my
sternum
it drilled fast and steady
leaving a sense of condensed
metal
pulling everything to
itself
bemusing spatial
orientation

and that's why, the question
I keep asking myself
why?
was I alone
since then on.

© 2016, José Coelho


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário