sexta-feira, 29 de julho de 2016

Southern Memos, III – Survival

Southern Memos, III – Survival

Any love that might exist
here, now
is pure fantasy”

As I was reading her
speech
church bells tolled
and I wasn't sure where
the sound came from – the film
or reality

So I took the camera
and started looking more
carefully, penetrating worlds
in small steps
uncovering possibilities
correcting the spelling in my
thoughts
the angle of my senses
getting familiar with unusual
behaviors – exotic
maybe just detached from
a certain expectation -
which, after all, are a question of
color, keenness of
light and
humidity

Are you sure you want to part
forever?”, the voice
went on

There was a long silence
before the room's view was
revealed -
long enough to hear
the shutter button performing
its pragmatic
opening

Then, their bodies came closer
touching, their hands
rubbing between
their legs
tanned from age and always
the sun
burning beyond
bareness

Meanwhile, outside
a noise
of cans and plastic
being raven, made me stand up -
a dog
concentrating on survival.

© 2016, José Coelho

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário