quarta-feira, 20 de julho de 2016

Aseptic Tragedies

Aseptic Tragedies

On occasions I am
reminded of its flavor
and as a bile duct, serving
merely as a vessel
of transmission
I convey

The idea of the blade
surgically
cutting tissues
The touch of hands
against
the rugged wall
The flavor of blood
deluging
from within
and still the feeling
of live flesh -
mesmerizing images
(everywhere)

As I said, only on
occasions – maybe
there's no proper composition
to describe it -
they become so harshly plural
arrogantly sick
standing full of them selves
like waves
engulfing the sea
pretending to believe
their heart – a germ-free
empty room -
will hold the sparkling
truth

But then, I see
the shrinking of human
qualities
into debris like
elements – a sculpture of once
living things
dying
for life

And all that nonsense while
waving at each other
goodbyes; looking ahead
it wouldn't defy any
ethics
to wash my wrath
anew with
blood.

© 2016, José Coelho


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário