sexta-feira, 29 de janeiro de 2016

Camera Obscura

Camera Obscura

A stairway leading nowhere
people
taking them up and down as if
ignoring this fact
A bed of dark purple tulips creates
a disturbing background for those
descending
At a distance the husky sound of a lighthouse suggests
an ocean
dimmed and covered with fog
Sitting by a rugged dune a shape or maybe two seem to be
facing the sea
Meanwhile, the unpleasant touch of an hand
too close, too intimate
becoming super real – I
close my eyes and the pressure blows
sand onto the image
clouding it - just as the people
consuming their time uselessly, not even
noticing
an astounding tunisian
cat – green eyes, half closed
and sleek fur -
lying at the third step
resonates each and every foot
passing by
his life spanning
the realm of those individuals
whose feet
walk their shadow

I stop breathing
to understand one of the shapes
turning its face to me so I can
see - myself
if I want to - the sea
repeating its dying
as the morning brightness
invades this room
the silky touch of curled silence
brings me back
you – milk, rye, gray hair
loose – now
that worms
crawl underneath
stairways, people
fall, decaying over the dark
purple tulips – stoically still beautiful
and the cat
vanishes somewhere between
those two.

© 2016, José Eduardo Coelho


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário