quarta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2015

Masumi's Dream

Masumi's Dream

Mr Masumi had a dream
In his dream he was sleeping
Through a faintly opened window
a dimmed light penetrated the
inside, somehow
humming a note of silence
On his walls, a maelstrom
of ants, moths, centipedes -
some were walking in lines
other just standing
still
as if happy
with that –
obscured the meaning of life
outside
the dream

Mr Masumi told us, then, that
was everything
he remembered from the
dream

Until yesterday
Mr Masumi visited me at
work. He held a gracious look
in his eyes an intense
juvenile luster
A few days before, he
had been blessed with a few
more inches of the film
he dreamed. At first, he was afraid
all that insect paraphernalia
would have killed him
in his sleep or maybe left him
bleeding over
his white linen; but no -
at this point, he took another sip
of his black coffee and I
couldn't help noticing how surreal
it suddenly got:
no longer at my office
instead, there was a round table, outside
just near a road, but no traffic
the landscape resembled something familiar
dry, arid, with angular objects
fitting across the fields as
beasts waiting for the
prey
I had a wine glass filled with coffee, too
It was a pleasurable afternoon -
amazingly – he went on -
all the ants
formed lines, so consistently moving
in their trails
movement, slowly, got erased from perception
and then one ant fell to floor -
he made a painful gesture
and a clashing sound -
then the second ant, the third
they were falling as if the dream
for them
had come to an end
This scenario went on for a while
I was scared as hell, though
my other I, the one sleeping in
the dream, looked like
an angel
I wanted to get closer to
my self
and feel how it feels
even if just in a
dream
but the ants kept falling
and walking
and on the walls, now
it was clear
words were being shaped
in the gaps
ants left

There was no time
to ask him the obvious question
In this exotic story, not even
Masumi's shadow was real
I finished my coffee, which by now
tasted as wine and
moved back into office

Above my desk, two
clocks displayed time
fighting for attention with
a sense of humor
However it was a folded
paper
stuck into my keyboard
I grabbed and opened
first
The message, balancing
before my eyes
- as a phantom -
Keep dreaming
Signed, Masumi.


© 2015, José Eduardo Coelho

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário