domingo, 13 de setembro de 2015

Saturday Evening

Saturday Evening

The TV is on

definitely uncomfortable
she speaks
introducing the upcoming movie

It's an historical drama of the post-war period; Italian director
story takes place in Salina – one of the Aeolian islands on the Tyrrhenian sea.

I usually love Italian movies. They're much more focused on the human condition, with things as love, friendship, honor, art, decadence and magic – yes, the magic of survival, the magic hidden in every days' life, in every body's sensuality or just in time – showing up in 1st plane.

I get up and prepare myself to the 90 minutes ahead. In the kitchen both dogs are asleep; just as the kids, upstairs and tat makes me feel entitled to rob time and use it to my own wish.

Silently
I walk, glass in one hand
crispy, salty peanuts' bag
in the other

I've done this so often. I know
the squeaking squares, their position
their mighty indifference constantly
waiting for my unresolved
distraction

as I move and rotate
gently, the knob on the door
caresses my skin – it's soft, inviting
a deeper and tender dissection
of my unsought emotions

I have to pee. I always seat – it's better
when you enjoy looking at the ceiling
as I do. Besides, you save time
and you drain better.

When I get back to my long chair, the movie has begun. A scooter gallops against the wind through an arid landscape. On the right side, the sea; on the left, parched fields of a pale yellow. Because of the hair, one can see that's a woman ridding.

The road seems endless.

© José Coelho, 2015


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário