quinta-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2014

About Poetry

About Poetry

(Irreversibly described)

                     However,

before me, a
girl
walks, walking a dog;
park bench.
I sit listening to:
geezers in their hives
of cards and shirtsleeves
pulling scythes and beers
loosing sight of sun
and shadows;
                   the girl and the dog's
shadows;
didn't want to talk of one
or the other, but
the truth is that
I find myself thinking
about the effect
of one on the other
yes, putting on my glasses, the girl is
appealing and smooth, almost
I would say serenely physical of full
and crescent moons
and a tangerine's tone
when bitten, acidic
gum floods
but the question is,
                     the dog's contribution
haughty, upraised tail, slightly
wavy
frizzed long
hair
savoring the park's breeze
the odor of the grass
penetrating
the most beastly senses
and my perception of this poetic
composition
still to be done;

… and how graceful they move on!

One's beauty entices the other's
and I can't decide if and which
I shall eliminate.

The sun is high, outshines me!
                                          in tear

I certainly foresee a house, now
of fans
touch screens in freshened patios
exotic plants restless growing
around the torrid news of another drippy
summer

I take down my tent and get my self all
indoors-like,
synthetic, analyst
keyboard darning, fingers rumbling
in a useless attempt
of blowing
at the febrile desk of my
thoughts
that morning from Tagus-nymphs
                                                   exited.

On this old 5th floor
where I live
together with cockroaches, the odd mouse
and fabulous views to the south
I finally get out of focus in your eternal waters
and write.

© 2014, JC

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário