quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2018

Flowers, Debris and Lost Towns


Flowers, Debris and Lost Towns

Walking again on thorny stones, naked 
feet cooling off the desire that bursts 
from the earth beneath; like little butterflies 
sketching hearts 
in the sky
and a sort of imagination setting feathers off 
onto mountain peaks

To you, now, the hand that observes 
yours 
as it slides between my fingers
down to the sides of your
sex. Or maybe us walking 
above water, whereas the realization 
there's no end 
to the distance, left alone the touch
the learning, the living
pops into my mind

As rivers fill, I must secure 
ripe fruit from drowning. Two minutes 
will be enough. To die not
i feed my hunger, holding my breath the closest 
to the memory 
and jump diving into the cold. There 
I search among flowers, debris and lost towns. But 
yours is nowhere to be found

A bird's chanting 
makes its way to the sky. Its sound 
is the trigger that shall mean both 
men and nature's rise

One day. Near.

© 2018, José Coelho



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário