segunda-feira, 3 de outubro de 2016

These Days

These Days

These days
remind me of last year's
days. The wind
pushing shutters out
of place, the warmth of late
summer blending with soft light and
the flies, in their black greedy costume
always sniffing after each last
chance of life

This predictable countdown
leaves me sad – the kind
of sadness you'll find
only in dreams
when all your emotional actions are
doomed in tameness -
and on the verge of a telluric
chasm

Stupidly
I wish I could be
somewhere else, like on
a boat crossing a sea
of swash before dashing
against new cities
yet
not far up in the mountain
a lonesome deer sheds
its long mating
call

Not far from now
as nights grow
longer, elements will
settle on proper ground
and so will
I.


© 2016, José Coelho

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário