quarta-feira, 14 de janeiro de 2015

Letter to my mother

Letter to my mother



Mother,

I know you've been waiting
this letter, made no sense when
you left us, no words could ever undo


healing the gap that grew within
our house had you written
on walls, mirrors, blankets; even
tap water rustled your name


You know, that long night ended
as always, at dawn serenity flood the room
and after one last kiss, I laid on the floor
waiting it was time
to move further.

I'm blessed we
said everything to each other
during your last couple of months, whenever
you'd feel better I would listen to your
blood soothing each cell with peace
and love had us bounded


Our hearts had agreed
and accepted: we
were ready!


And so it seemed, but now
I realize I made you vanish into far
in order to survive
The Absence
clutching the mind – sharp, unpredictable,
irregularly insane.


After all these years, looking back
I regret not having let you
take a part of me as it should, but instead
craving for something new, a new
person was created.


Don't worry though, I'm
used and it's alright!


Mother, one last thing
I hope you and father are together
now and grandma, she was the last.


I promise to keep in touch.
Give them a kiss; for you
Love.


Your son.



© 2014, José Eduardo Coelho

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário