terça-feira, 8 de março de 2016

The Wall

The Wall

At 9pm on the 9th of November
1989
I was standing outside, facing
the tree on the southern
corner of my
home born quarter – one
dog on my right side, probably
licking stuff and
no dog on the left side cause
by the time, I only had
one – me hiding in the shadow's
focal point of a traffic speed
limit sign, wondering
whether my neighbor had eventually
noticed it when
he crashed his motorbike
and him self – luckily
no body else -
becoming from then on what
used to be called
deficient – Oh I remember him alright
two legs and two arms
reaching for the
sky – for the rest of his life
wearing the curse of
his dead arm
and we would swear
to know exactly
where – blood stained on the
big white school wall
broken pieces of metal
and tire still pierced
all around – the impact
took place

little did I
know, how great an achievement
approximately at the same
time
some thousand kms east-wise
a much bigger
and shameless wall
was
finally falling back
to the
ground.

© 2016, José Eduardo Coelho


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário