sábado, 5 de março de 2016

The Boat

*The Boat*

It's dawn. I walk with
the anvil's sound
forging notches
under the skin, my skin
a legion of warriors
rests. So I'm alone
by my self, I walk the steps
of others, towards the same
boat
the same
city of mornings. It's dawn – my blood
withers at your absence -
I wrap my self in a film of mist and cold. No body
next to me, I lean my face
against the quivers
on the glass – white little flowers
keep falling as rain, you
sew your face with mine, your
hands clasp my hands while wheels
keep turning -
the boat's engine
plows the water
methodically forgetting, dissolving
time's froth -
past, present, future -
into one
flowing
river. Its mouth
sets the limit , your breath
wets my chest. Outside the sparkle of
light bends the distant silhouette
of bridges and towers. Your curls
cuddle up to my neck – no body hears
the moans
breaking through miles of
liquid material – invading
the absence
of you. Under my skin
a legion of lovers. The frothiness
at the shoreside -
just a way of saying
the boat.

© 2016, José Eduardo Coelho


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário